Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pasta!

Alright! I am not known for my culinary skills really. I do cook, but not the awesome stuff or the YO! ones... I try simple normal recipes... But today i made something that has never worked out for me before.... Did it work out this time?? Read on.... :)

I was at my cousin's place and we were very hungry and felt like making pasta... The boiling, peeling, chopping everything worked out fine.... But there were a couple of key ingredients missing though....

I first boiled the pasta, drained it and kept it aside. Then the oil, onions, tomatoes, salt and the powder - everything went fine... The lemon was missing though... That i guess was major....Then when i was about to add the plain pasta, i realized the bowl was too small.... So took a bigger bowl, transferred the contents.... Then after the whole mixing, found it tasted very plain.... We added salt, the one buck tomato ketchup pack from coffee day, two chili flake packs from dominos... There really wasn't any ketchup in the home... And the nearest grocery store is 10 minutes away.... So we just decided to experiment more!

Second try of the pasta.... Still tastes plain, but far better than before... We then did a bit of tomato puree in a different bowl and added to the pasta bowl along with some extra salt... It did not taste that great but was edible nonetheless... When you are hungry, you would really not mind a second serving of my mom's food too... Her cooking skills are awful! Anyway we had to eat the pasta.. Wasn't that bad really... Pretty good... "Its all Chill!!! " :) Will do it better the next time! :)

Now i'm going to get to work after three days... Some photoshopping, fireworking, dreamweaving, CSSin and AJAXin for my next 2 websites - "Wonder valley" and "The Zav Foundation".... Wait for the URLs!! :)

:)-

No comments:

Post a Comment